The Iowa Restaurant Industry
Iowa’s Restaurant and Beverage Industry is an integral part of the state’s economy. Iowa has nearly 6,000 eating and drinking establishments with projected annual sales of more than $4 billion in 2022.
Iowa’s restaurant and beverage industry is the state’s second largest private sector employer with more than 137,000 employees.
The Iowa Restaurant Association
The Iowa Restaurant Association protects, promotes, educates and advocates for the restaurant and tavern industries in the state of Iowa through:
- Advocacy and Representation
- Restaurant-Specific Programs and Services
- Training, Promotional and Networking Opportunities
- Partnerships with High School and Post-Secondary Industry Education Programs
- Competitions and Recognition Programs
The IRA is the state affiliate of the National Restaurant Association, as such, state members receive dual membership in both organizations.
The Iowa Restaurant Association (IRA) is the professional association for the restaurant and retail beverage industry in Iowa. The IRA works to protect, promote, educate and advocate for the industry as a whole.